In an effort to reduce energy consumption on each of its five campuses, Oklahoma State University implemented an Energy Conservation Program in 2007.
- Developed a people-oriented energy management program at each of the OSU campuses.
- Promotes conservation of electricity, chilled water, steam condensate, gas, and water.
- Reduce consumption mechanically by adjusting heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system run times to match events and occupancy in buildings.
- Worked to increase energy awareness of faculty, staff, and students through presentations, promotional materials, website and Facebook interaction.
- Emphasizes reductions during unoccupied times and promoting behavior changes of "energy consumers" to "energy savers."
- Established Energy Management and Conservation Policy #1-0520. and OSU Energy Guidelines with web access.